Saturday, March 16, 2013

RTW Trip: Day 19-21 (3/14-16): Bangkok & Phuket

Days 19-21: The Stomach Strikes Back



I've fallen ill again, so this will be a quite short recap of the past three days. We are staying in Phuket, in the Hilton Arcadia Resort, which is absolutely gorgeous. The complex houses different hotel buildings, all splayed out among many different pools, restaurants, bars. Of course, I am too sick to truly enjoy all of it, but then again my sickness has also confined me to the resort, so I am spending more time in this scenic spot than I would have.

Phuket itself is a large island, with hills in the middle and a parade of beaches along its coast. The Hilton resort is in Karom Beach, past Patong Beach. These two beaches are similar, with lively bars and open restaurants lining the center side, and avenues into the beachfront, with shacks and bars on the beach. Phuket is lovely, if a little boring, but there is a ton of outdoors activities to do. We have signed up for a kayak tour of Phang Nga Island tomorrow, by which time I will hopefully be healthy.

The worst part about being sick here is that I will not be able to enjoy Thai food. Being sick in Vietnam was one thing, as their cuisine isn't great, but Thailand is one of the best food countries in the world. At least I've been to Thailand before, and their food is readily available back home. My goal is to be perfectly healthy and ready to go in Malaysia, a country that I haven't been two, and a cuisine about as good.

Again, I should be healthy enough by tomorrow to go on the tour, and have more to say about Phuket in general. So until then...

At least I have this to look at when I'm sick.

About Me

I am a man who will go by the moniker dmstorm22, or StormyD, but not really StormyD. I'll talk about sports, mainly football, sometimes TV, sometimes other random things, sometimes even bring out some lists (a lot, lot, lot of lists). Enjoy.