Monday, May 8, 2017

The Nostalgia Diaries, Introduction

I realize I've slown down on the blog in 2017. Not because I don't have anything to write about, or that I like to write less. No, it is a combination of not having as much time after starting a new, more demanding, job, and still feeling internal burnout after that Super Bowl (yeah, that scar won't heal for a while). I've enjoyed the NHL playoffs this year tremendously (the NBA, by the way, has been hot garbage). I've loved the Astros quick start. I've reveled in the renaissance of Nadal (and to a far lesser extent, Federer). Things are on the whole good. But weirdly enough, I've started thinking about the past. I've lived long enough that I can distinctly remember a ton of elements, games, teams, players and moments over the past 12-13 years of sports. Probably starting with around the 2003 sports year, from Super Bowl XXXVII, to the Devils Stanley Cup run, to the first Manning and Brady season. From that moment on, sports, for better or for worse, ruled my life, and what I'm left with is a decade-plus of memories, of games, of moments that I love to relive, to rewatch, to re-examine. Some of them are cut out of the mid-2000s, a weird time indeed, before 3-and-D took over the NBA, before baseball became a 3-true-outcomes game, and before every NFL team had a QB that threw for 4,000 yards. This is a series about those moments, those games, that changed my sports life.

About Me

I am a man who will go by the moniker dmstorm22, or StormyD, but not really StormyD. I'll talk about sports, mainly football, sometimes TV, sometimes other random things, sometimes even bring out some lists (a lot, lot, lot of lists). Enjoy.