Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Favorite Birthdays

10.) 23rd Birthday (2014)

In bad news, I was working on my Birthday for a first time, it was a soggy, rainy Monday. On the good news, I was told that I was being sent to Mexico for a project for two months. I was mixed at the time on the idea, but it became a great experience. Still, it was the realization of what an Adult weekday birthday was really about.


9.) 13th Birthday (2004)

Why? Well, because 13 is a cool age. I remember this also being the first time I actually could ask for a multitude of presents, and get most (some) of them.


8.) 19th Birthday (2010)

First College Birthday!! Then again, if I remember correctly, I had a test the following day, so I was studying a lot that day. I was really committed during my Freshman Spring semester; this would not be so during my other college birthday.


7.) 9th Birthday (2000)

This was my first birthday abroad not in India, as I was in Munich. As I once mentioned on this blog a long time ago, I saw my first in-person naked woman near the hotel pool in Munich. Given my age (9), and her age (roughly 50), and weight (9 * 50 / 2), this wasn't a great thing.


6.) 16th Birthday (2007)

Another travel birthday, as I was on a tour with my family in Istanbul. I believe I was in Cappadocia. I remember our tour guide getting the bus to sing to me, which I'm pretty sure I hated at the time. Definitely my most exotic brithday, though.



5.) 10th Birthday (2001)

Another travel birthday! With my birthday often coming close to Easter, and Spring Break in my school days, we got to travel a lot on it. I was in Lisbon in 2001; we went to a Fado house. Not sure why this is above Munich or Turin, but let's move on.


4.) 22nd Birthday (2013)

Actually, this was my most exotic birthday, this time in Jaipur, India. I got one of the best birthday presents ever on this day, as my 6:00 AM flight out of Bangalore was mysteriously delayed to 11:00. Even better, I was made aware of this multiple days in advance, so I was able to fully know I didn't have to get up at 4:00, and I could make great use of the night before.


3.) 21st Birthday (2012)

You know why....


2.) 18th Birthday (2009)

My last travel birthday, this time I was in Munich... again. It was on my High School tour of Austria, which ended in Munich. We toured a castle of Munich, and I was with a bunch of good people in my Senior year, one of the best years of my pre-Adult life.


1.) 17th Birthday (2008)

I got my license; skipping out on the 2nd half of school to drive aimlessly around West Windsor and Plainsboro, something I've done a whole lot more since. This was also the night that Kansas beat Memphis in the NCAA Title Game, which is nice as well. Still, getting to drive, there may not be a better birthday one can get.

About Me

I am a man who will go by the moniker dmstorm22, or StormyD, but not really StormyD. I'll talk about sports, mainly football, sometimes TV, sometimes other random things, sometimes even bring out some lists (a lot, lot, lot of lists). Enjoy.